Sunrises with a slice of Cheese

Sunrises can be very inspirational. They get me ready to "get the day". Below is a picture of a sunrise taken from the Kemah bridge in Kemah, Texas. The Galveston County area in Texas is absolutely beautiful and a great place to call home. I'm very passionate about this area and food which I hope to combine here for your enjoyment.


How could you not be in a good mood after seeing this? It's like someone turned the lights on for the whole world and said "Wake up Sunshine"!

Another thing that brings sunshine into my world: cheese! One of my favorite foods is cheese. I'm sure much of America is with me on this. Cheese makes everything better (and there are so many types to choose from). I'd like to share with you a simple Panini recipe... including this favorite food.

Tomato, Basil Pesto, and Mozzarella Panini
  • 1 can Pillsbury Italian bread
  • 1 ball Mozzarella
  • 2-3 large steak tomatoes
  • Jar of basil pesto
  1. Bake Pillsbury Italian bread loaf according to package instructions. Let sit till cool enough to cut bread into sandwich type slices. Thickness is at your discretion but I prefer about 1/2 inch.
  2. Slice your tomatoes and mozzarella. I usually half each slice so it fits on the bread better. 
  3. Smear about a teaspoon of basil pesto on each slice of bread. Top one side with your sliced tomatoes and mozzarella then top with another slice of bread with basil pesto. The basil pesto will be on the inside of the sandwich. 
  4. Preheat your Panini press or get a medium pan hot on your stove top. I spray with olive oil Pam spray. 
  5. Place each of your sandwiches onto the Panini press or pan. Cook till cheese starts to melt or desired crispiness of the bread.
Opt: if you want even more flavor top with Balsamic Vinegar.
Yield: 2-3 people

Yum...



Comments

  1. Yum! Looks delish! A blog I will be following! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to apply to be your official taste tester along with Matt! Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté