Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté 


Another yummy meal created with the help of Kroger's Prep+Pared meals. This was my husbands favorite. I felt on top of my health game making and eating this meal. The great long term advantage of making these meals are that you get to keep the recipe card that lists the ingredients and the recipe instructions which allows you to easily recreate the meal. I'm most definitely keeping this recipe and plan to make again. My kids ate the steak and the veggies (carrots and cauliflower). For this recipe I added a bit more butter to what was called for and added in some minced garlic when tossing the veggies together.




Last week was tough for me when I found out about the news in Santa Fe HS. This hit too close to home and has shaken me to my core. I'm so protective of my children and cannot imagine the pain those families and affected kids are feeling right now. I do not know the answer and I think we as a community have more questions that answers. We live in a scary world or maybe I just feel that way because I have more at stake, more to loose. I've thought about what I could at this moment in response to this situation: helping those in need that are affected, praying for our leaders and schools to come up with better solutions for this not to happen and also put my children on better pathways.




My kids absolutely love each other and when they are not around each other for a period of time they are overjoyed when the see each other again. This past weekend Derek went with my folks to spend the night and attend a birthday party. He had a wonderful time but was excited to come home. Anna literally ran out to the car when he arrived and screamed when she saw him. Previously in the day she got up on the couch and grabbed his picture and brought it to me pointing. I knew she was missing her brother. So after he got home they promptly went in the backyard to play together. This was them getting into mischief climbing the fence. I had to take a picture as it was too adorable!



Hug your families closer today! Tell them what they mean to you and that you love them! Tomorrow is not promised so take advantage today!

Peace, Love and Home Runs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'