Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

The past month has included some tough moments for our family. My daughter has had three back to back ear infections. My son had a stomach virus and I've been a basket case worrying about them! Today in life we always seem busy although I'm also very firm on the belief that we make time for the things that are important in our lives. I'm sure we all have those people in our lives that always claim to be so busy but instead of getting continuously frustrated I've realized that apparently we  are not that important to them. Even with all these busy times with my own family including getting my kids well we have always made time for family and the important things.

Some of my short cuts during the busy times are easy dinners. I have a few I always keep in my arsenal of grocery and pantry items. Kroger has now introduced an easy and quick option for dinner called Prep+Pared. I've received a ton of coupons in the mail for the mail order dinner subscriptions. I've looked into many of them and I just cannot commit. I looked at the menu options they had and not many were enticing to me. My purpose of trying them was not only because they were easy but also to explore new recipes and foods. Unfortunately most of them I have a similar version I already make. One food type that I am always nervous about cooking is fish specifically salmon. I've made tilapia but after reading some pretty horrid things about tilapia I will not make that anymore for my family. The Kroger options seemed more appealing plus I could see them prior to purchasing. I tried one box that I was familiar with cooking for comparison purposes and one new recipe with salmon. I'll be positing about the salmon later. So here are my pictures and thoughts on the chicken option.

My first delicious bite!



The box it comes in. Made it nice to stack in my fridge.



All the ingrediants. They smelled fresh and were all labeled with their content and freshness date. The recipe card came with tips for cooking, why the ingrediants were added  at certain times and it was also foldable to stand up so you could read it while cooking.



The chicken was already cut up for me. I just had to cut open the bag. Minimal fat parts which I appreciated.



The onions which always make a beautiful smell in the house. Again very fresh and already cut for me.



Adding in the garlic and parsley.



Then the crushed red pepper which I only added half. I also squeezed in the lemon juice here along with the butter. I did find myself needing to add more butter about double the amount the recipe called for along with more lemon juice.



The final presentation plated. The top was garnished with parmesan cheese that was melted in the microwave. After it melted it starts to crisp up which you break up and sprinkle on top of the your final dish. It gave it a nice crunch!



It was really good. It took me about 30 minute's from start to finish but keep in mind I took pictures and savored a bite or two.



After the meal was complete we all agreed that we did enjoy it. It was easy although I did have all the ingredients at home to make this. The point of these quick meals are to have everything in the box to make it as opposed to having to grocery shop for many things. So those people who do not keep well stocked pantries this is a great option. The meal did not come with a vegetable so I also made a side of steamed broccoli for us to complete the meal. I wish they did make complete meals as an option. Each box states it is two servings. Having a family of four with healthy appetites I got two boxes but it really only fed two of us. When you break down the cost it is $20 per box which sounds like $10 per meal per person but I think the estimation of servings was a bit of the small side. I would purchase and use again but only for the point of something quick and ready when I'm in a pinch.


The man that melts my heart! When we first took our vows we loved each other with all our innocent hearts. As we grew with each other over the last eight years we have truly began to recognize our vows. In good times and bad, In sickness and in heath, For richer and for poorer.... luckily we have always chose love and each other regardless of the obstacles. I’m thankful that I do grow to love him more and more every day and with every obstacle we overcome.



My baby after her ear surgery....



My happy boy at the train museum!



My two sweet babies enjoying this Texas heat the best way we know how.... pool time!



My mantra the past month!!!



Peace, love and home runs!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté