Skillet Baked Ziti + Kemah Maze

I'm having this dish again for lunch today and its still to die for. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have even met a pasta dish I don't like.... I got this from a food blog I regularly go to for simple weeknight dinners. 

The sauce in this dish is just delicious. I was spooning gobs in my mouth claiming I was testing it! Ha! Hope you try and enjoy it!



Skillet Baked Ziti
  • 6 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 4 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, Hunts
  • 3 cups water
  • 12 ounces ziti or penne pasta (3 3/4 cups)
  • 4 ounces (1/2 cup) whole milk ricotta
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  1. Preheat oven to 475. 
  2. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large non-stick skillet and saute over medium-high heat until fragrant or about 1 minute. 
  3. Add crushed tomatoes, water, ziti or penne, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. 
  4. Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmer, until pasta in almost tender, 15-18 minutes. Make sure you don't overcook because the pasta will continue to cook in the oven. 
  5. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, remaining oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Set aside. 
  6. Stir in cream, Parmesan, and basil into the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. 
  7. Transfer you sauce mixture into over safe casserole dishes.
  8. Add dollops of the ricotta mixture with a spoon and sprinkle mozzarella evenly over the pasta mixture. 
  9. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes, let cool slightly and sprinkle with remaining basil to serve. 















Did you know the Kemah Boardwalk has a life size maze!?!?!? My family and I have been to one in Panama City Beach, FL and look forward to it every year! Now that Kemah has one we can skip on over there if we want that thrill. Take a Look! 

Kemah Maze, Find their website HERE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté