Shrimp Scampi + BEST NEWS EVER

I have the most AMAZING news to share! My Mom who has been battling Leukemia for the past year has come to the end of her hospitalized chemotherapy treatments. She will now begin her maintenance period which means managing it by pills. When we first found out about her diagnosis we were all devastated with the news. I found myself asking why her? and was there anything she did that lead to this awfulness? As my Mom and I sat in the DR office within her first few visits to MD Anderson I leaned over and said when do you think we'll wake up from the bad dream? Unfortunately it was our reality. She is a very brave and strong woman and has made it to today with God's blessing and her whole family behind her. Over this period of time I've personally struggled with not having my Mom around as much which not only made me sad but also my kids. My kids love their Nana! I know it made her sad as I understand they are her heart and soul... her reason for living! I hope now that she is getting a normal life back that she gets to make up for that time and live her life to the fullest!

For Easter since we were battling the flu and ear infections in our house and Nana getting over an infection we had to all do our own thing. I made Shrimp scampi for the holiday! It was excellent! I had no idea that upon cooking shrimp they would shrink as much. Luckily these came deveined and peeled already for me. My sweet baby girl was unwell the week leading up to Easter so my husband and I were a zombies. She was so sick I had stayed up all night just holding her! Thankfully by Easter she was much better so we could enjoy the day playing!

A big yummy bite!


Butter, EVOO, Onion, and minced garlic. Makes my house smell awesome!


Dump in the peeled and deveined shrimp.


Little chicken broth and butter.


Parmesan, parsley and basil.




Add in the angel hair pasta and stir.


Easter is a wonderful to reflect on my blessings!


My two baby bunnies!


They love each other so much! Derek was helping Anna get her heart of Tahiti open (from the movie Moana) while playing on their cupcake float!


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter too!
Peace, love and homeruns!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté