Watermelon Popsicles πŸ‰

Summer fun is here and these will add to those fun, hot days!! πŸ‰πŸ‰

I actually got this idea from my kids' school. During the summer they surprise the kids with healthful treats while they get all sweaty on the playground. They are very easy to make and also add to the life span of the watermelon. Watermelons are huge and unless you are going to party or serving to a large group of people its hard to consume the whole thing before it goes bad. So get your pen and pad out cause these are AMAZING!



I start with washing the skin of a whole seedless watermelon. I then slice into one inch circles. I then cut into triangles like a pizza. The skin on watermelon is pretty thick so I use my knife to make a slit-cut in the skin to then insert a popsicle stick. You can use regular popsicle sticks or if I could find the thick thumb prints ones- those are my preferred choice. Place in freezer safe bag or container and place in freezer. When ready to enjoy just take out of freezer to enjoy. Take out only what you want and leave the rest for another time.



I really wanted to take the obligatory picture with the half cut watermelon as a smile on my face.....but spared you all!



The taste of watermelon changes when frozen. My husband does not like watermelon at all. But when frozen this way he loves it. This is a healthful treat with no added sugar so its completely acceptable to have more than one! My Dad's pallet is limited but these are allowed so I'm loading his freezer up!



YUM! ...and now for some cute family pictures!




A hot day at the Houston Zoo with Nana and Papa! We enjoyed all the animals, pet a snake and saw the Big Bug exhibit. Picnics at the Zoo with my family are a summer time favorite of mine! They have an amazing up close exhibit with the gorillas. They put all kinds of "toys" in there for them to play with so you get to see a lot of action. It's also air conditioned so another plus to cool off for a moment.



My favorite summer picture so far! My Koons Family Tower! We create this tower pretty much every time we go over and swim at my parents house which is mostly every weekend. I think I'm going to try and take a good HD one and make it our family Christmas card this year! =) Yes, Matt is super strong! As my Mom said- Always supporting his family in every way!



The Big Bug Exhibit at the Zoo. Spiders----Eek! Halloween is right around the corner (in my mind) so these big bugs were right up our alley of interest! BTW- for my other Halloween lovers I just received my new blow up haunted house for our outside dΓ©cor. It's amazing! Counting down the days until I can openly start celebrating Halloween!




We enjoyed a trip with Matt's Army friends this summer that he served with where I took these watermelon treats to share on the beach. This is a picture of us there enjoying the beach time! Love this little family of mine! So blessed and thank God everyday for my many blessings!

Peace, Love and Watermelons!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie SautΓ©