Taco Cups

On my way to work I pass a restaurant that always puts a funny saying on their sign. This morning's message was "Is it okay to listen to AM radio in the afternoon?" Ha! Very cute, I must say.

Who loves Tacos? I do, I do! All the same taco ingredients in a cute little package! The only trick is finding the Wonton wrappers. I tried Kroger, Wall-mart, and Randall's which are all very close to me and had no success. Thankfully, my husband works near a Phoenician store. They had them! You'll have to look at a specialty food store. They will be in the freezer section near the puff pastry and filo dough. You can keep them in the freezer for quite some time and then thaw in the fridge before making this recipe or any other. They hold their shape really well. I bake mine until crispy which is my preference but you'll figure out what tastes best for you.

Taco Cups Recipe

  • 1lb ground beef
  • 1 (1.25oz) pack Taco seasoning
  • 36 Wonton wrappers
  • 1 (16oz) can re-fried beans
  • 36 tortilla chips
  • 2 cups shredded cheese
  • Optional: sour cream, chives, diced tomatoes

  1. Preheat oven to 375, generously spray regular size muffin pan with Non-stick spray
  2. Brown ground beef and drain grease.
  3. Add Taco seasoning and water according to packet. Simmer 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
  4. Place a Wonton wrapper in bottom of each muffin cup.
  5. Layer about 1Tbs re-fried beans, crush one tortilla chip on top, then 1 Tbs taco meat, then 1 Tbs shredded cheese.
  6. Place another Wonton wrapper and repeat the same layers.
  7. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
  8. Serve with toppings such as sour cream, chives or diced tomatoes.
Yields: 18 cups


















Go ahead... you know you want to take a bite! 

Comments

  1. Gee! I haven't gotten to try these yet,wonder why??? The looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that means Matt REALLY liked those.... =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté