The Pizza Oven- Kemah, TX

Happy Friday everyone!

Today is a good day! In my cooking I'm trying limit the sodium. I know I've posted this before but do you realize how much sodium is in many of the foods you eat. Sodium is many time used as a means of preserving the food so it doesn't spoil as quickly. If you eat a lot of sodium you may also start to retain water.... 

I've read Margarita Pizza is low in sodium so guess what was on my plate! There is a pizza restaurant down on the Kemah Boardwalk. Its not on the restaurant side with your traditional suspects but under the hotel where the shops are. At this place there is no waiting in line... need I say anything more to convince you? Well I will anyway.... their pizzas are just wonderful! They cook them in a brick oven with thin crispy crust and fresh ingredients. Their salads are even pretty darn good (and huge)! They have a variety of pizzas, paninis, and salads on the menu so you can find what your stomach is craving!

The Kemah Boardwalk's website can be found HERE with their dining options that include The Pizza Oven.

Here was my dinner. Yes I shared but I sure didn't want too! =) THE MAIN EVENT!!!

Half of my Italian salad since I didn't remember to take a picture till halfway through....

We tend not to venture down to Kemah on a "main day" since the crowds are so bad. So we took a Sunday afternoon trip. Of course we had to enjoy ourselves a bit. Here are some pictures of our evening!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté