Day 1 of the 24 Day Challenge by AdvoCare

Today is Day 1 of my 24 Day Challenge! My goal is to loose the rest of my baby weight and to feel more energized. Some days I'm a bit sluggish and I do NOT want to miss any of Derek's moments. The more mobile he gets the more active we get together! 

Days 1-10 are considered a "Cleanse phase" and days 11-24 are a "Max phase". The Cleanse phase rids your body of toxins to allow for maximum nutrition absorption. In addition to the products I will be taking I will also be eating healthier. We usually do stick to a pretty good menu at home but I am going to be a bit more intentional with it for these 24 days. 

The guidelines AdvoCare encourages are protein, vegetables, fruit, and complex carbs in correct portions. When I was pregnant I CRAVED protein rich foods. About a month before Derek was due I went in for a routine OB doctor appointment where she commented that I had gained a lot of weight since my last appointment. I said "well I am still exercising and eating healthy. I can't imagine where this weight is coming from so rapidly"? She said "well what have you been eating" as she felt my tummy. Then her eyes got big as she said "Amber, this seems like a big baby. He may be seven pounds already"! Come to find out there is a theory that eating lots of protein yields a bigger baby. For me that meant an 8.7 pound baby! 

(24 day Challenge Website click HERE)

Day 1 comments: The fiber drink was a bit rough at first but with a splash of OJ and a big gulp I got it down. For those of you wondering too, I have NOT been hugging the toilet. It's what they call a "gentle" cleanse. So far everything is going great and I feel good. It makes me feel lighter, less droopy.

This weekend Matt and I sat down to watch TV and have a moment together. And this is all we saw.....she needed some love.
 



Derek had his last day of school....




He was so excited for my last day that when I came home he gave it two feet up!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté