Sesame Chicken and Rice

Now for some food...... My Aunt got me some fresh veggies at a local place where you can pick your own. I'll have to keep that in mind for later.... I've been coming up with creative ways to save money and plan activities for us to do! For example, the League City library has a toddler reading time where they read, sing and play games. It was very enjoyable! I love the fact that it is age appropriate (birth to 2 years old). Right now Derek is a bit young for it but we still enjoy it together. He'll sit in my lap to listen and watch the other kids. Before long we'll sit on the floor and join in on the activities like clapping! =)

So back to those veggies... I wanted to use them in dinner before they went bad. I had onions, peppers and chicken out so I went with an Asian dish. I have this sesame seed oil I had from when I tried Asian meatballs. It smells like peanut butter. Wonderful, wonderful peanut butter. If you love PB take a whiff of this and you'll want to bathe in it. 

Here is what I came up with for Sesame Chicken.....

Sesame Chicken

  • 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
  • 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
  • 2-3 bell pepper, cubed or julienned
  • 1/2 white or yellow onion julienned
  • 1/2 cup water
  • toasted sesame seeds for garnish
  1. In a medium size pan on the stove top pour sesame seed oil in pan and heat on high. 
  2. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir to cook thoroughly. 
  3. Next add bell pepper and onion to pan. Toss to coat with oil already in pan. 
  4. Add water and cover to quickly steam for approximately 1-2 minutes.
  5. Uncover and top with sesame seeds. 
  6. Serve with fried rice (I used Rice-a-Roni).
Serves 2-3. Enjoy!



All the Dads from this past weekend! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté