Tortellini Carbonara

I'm very glad we have gotten so much rain lately. Our City and yards needed it! I've been pretty consumed with work lately. We have had some structural changes that I hope will carry out successfully. I like new adventures but realize they will come with their challenges. Keep your fingers crossed! 

So I'm reading the book called The Life of PI, have you read it? As I began reading I kept thinking where is this going... I had no idea what the book was about. I only knew it got rave reviews. The main character kept talking about Richard Parker. Until much later I had no idea who this would end up being. For the majority of the book it technically was the same scene; however, it has been quite entertaining. I'm not finished yet so I do hope it ends happily. I don't care for stories that just drop you or end unhappily. If you are an avid reader you may be familiar with Dan Brown who wrote the incredibly popular Davinci Code. He has a new book coming out next Tuesday called Inferno which is supposedly based on themes from Dante's Inferno. He is a favorite author of mine so I'm looking forward to this!

Back to my other passions... food!




Easy Pasta Carbonara
  • 1 package mix cheese tortellini
  • 1/4 cup crumbled bacon 
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
  • 1 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
  • 1 can peas
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon basil
  • 1 teaspoon marjoram
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (more for topping)
  1. Prepare your tortellini by boiling in some water with a spoonful of salt. Drain and set aside. 
  2. Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan toss in your olive oil and bacon crumbles. Saute for about 3 minutes until crispy. Add your minced garlic. Cook until lightly browned. 
  3. Add your marinara and Alfredo sauce. Stir to combine. Cook till sauce is bubbly then reduce your heat. Add your peas, oregano, basil, and marjoram and lightly stir. 
  4. Toss in your cheese and stir lightly to melt. Add your cooked tortellini and stir to coat. 
  5. Serve with a little cheese sprinkled on top. Perhaps have a salad or toasted bread on the side for getting every morsel of this sauce.
Yield: 4 servings





















Vacation season is upon us! Where are you going this year? Here is a picture from last year's Florida trip that I'm counting down the days too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté