Roast Beef Sliders and Game Days

The season of "Game Days" are upon us and if you are looking for a yummy addition to your game day snacks here is your answer! Yum yum 😋

I stole this recipe from another food blogger and put my own spin on it as I love the Hawaiian sweet rolls! They put a sweet touch on the salty meat and cheese. When I went to the store to pickup the roast beef I never realized how expensive it was. I requested a pound and a half cause I like to bulk up on the meat in my sandwiches and found myself pulling out a Jackson ($20)! Well let me tell you if you find your self doing the same thing I assure it’s worth it! When you sink your teeth into these you’ll forget all your worries!

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pound roast beef, thinly sliced
  • 12 slices Havarti cheese
  • mayonnaise
  • mustard
  • 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
  • peach preserves
  • walnuts, finely chopped and toasted

Directions:



Melted yummy Havarti cheese!



My assembly line laid out!



Split your rolls.

 

Mustard and mayonnaise squirts on each rolls.



Pile on your roast beef. I like to take each slice and lay on versus a chuck of meat.



Fold your Havarti cheese in half and lay on top of meat.



On top of roll spread the peach preserves and dip in toasted walnuts then place on top of roll.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are slightly toasted.



Enjoy!!


Have you ever watched National Geographic movie?!? We have the one called Arctic Tale and every time I watch it I find myself crying like four times when some of the animals did not make it. It’s all apart of the circle of life and there’s is most defiantly a hierarchy in the food chain but it is not pleasant to see. If you took the same circumstance but in the case of humans it would be heinous! Which brings up the topic of one of my favorite books called The Life of Pi! The underlying theme may be summed up by the last scene and question which story did you prefer the one with the animals or the one with humans? Is God the better story? I could talk about this for hours but nonetheless digress and leave you with your own thoughts... I choose God!

Hope your day is full of sweet laughter and melted cheese!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté