Frobergs Farm 2018

Froberg's Farm is located in Alvin, Texas. We go there quite frequently throughout the year. In the winter and early spring time there is Strawberry Picking and in the Fall there is the festival! They have added even more events such as citrus fruit picking and in the winter they do Christmas carol hayrides with hot chocolate. I have never been disappointed with any of our visits. The money spent supports a local farm, we are out in nature, and establishing healthy habits. There is a little store at the front of the farm where they have tons of produce. I should have taken pictures of that. After our event I always take my kids through the store pointing our all the beautiful fruits, vegetables and even dried goods. They each pick out a few things and they we'll cook at home together to try. We also stop at the bakery and pick out a fried pie too! We always bring something home for Nana and Papa too because they make a variety of sugar free items. After we are finished we head over to the picnic area to lay out my spread of packed picnic goodies. The kids dig in and eat then play out side around the huge oak trees! Then I change everyone's clothes and shoes get them comfy in their seats and head home (while they sleep). Once we get home and unload I usually have to wash out a collective pound of dirt of everything but getting dirty is half the fun! If you were to ask my kids their favorite thing to do on a weekend without doubt they'd answer go to the farm!

Here are a few pictures of our recent trip for Strawberry Picking!

Our bounty!


My favorite fried pie flavor- Strawberry Cream.
They have tons of flavors: blueberry, apple, lemon, chocolate.....





It was Anna's first time at the farm picking strawberries so Derek would take her my the hand to lead her down the aisles. As you can see we also played in the mud a bit!


They love working together. Sometimes even sneaking a bite or two....





I like to take my wagon to fit everything into including Derek and Anna. I'm able to wheel it into the bathroom to get everyone cleaned up and pottied and also into the fields to hold our drinks and a towel. Look at those smiles.. don't they just melt your heart!


If you have a farm near you try it out. Its the best time that money can't buy!

Peace, Love and Homeruns!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté