Pigs in a Blanket

This is one of my go-to breakfast or snack options that are easy peasy! Quite some time ago I thought of putting these items together and thought I was a genius for coming up with it. Then I realized I was the last one to the dinner table on this topic. Apparently I was not the first or even the 200th to come up with this.... However; now you won't be in the dark either! If you already knew this then please at least humor me and smile at the bottom picture. =)

Pigs in a Blanket
  • 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
  • 1 package lit'l Beef smokies
  • Optional: shredded cheese, butter + spice glaze
  1. Preheat Oven to 400 (on crescent roll package).
  2. Open your package of crescent rolls. Lay out the crescent triangles and cut in half using a paring knife. (See picture below.)
  3. Take a little smokie and roll up the crescent roll around it. 
  4. You can always half this recipe and save the extra little smokies for later. I use up the whole package because the extra Pigs in a Blanket make an easy breakfast to take in a ziploc to work. 
  5. Spread your little smokie roll ups on a baking sheet. Bake according to crescent roll package directions or until golden and flaky. 
  6. Optional: When rolling up your crescent with the little smokie you can add some shredded cheese. Or once you place on baking sheet you can brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt or any spice you find appropriate. I personally stick to simple but feel free to make fancier if you serve at a shower. =)












Speaking of Pigs in a Blanket.... when I was in New York my husband sent me this picture. He found her curled up in my spot under my pillow. When you rescue a dog and treat them right I think they love you more than you'll ever know. 

Don't worry, she got a few pigs in a blanket above (the food version)!! =) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté