Chicken with Peppers & Onions in Wine Sauce

 Do you ever get a whiff of something cooking and get a bit a nostalgia thinking of someone? This recipe is one of a few for me that make me think of my Mom. I'm not even sure where this recipe came from but I love it and it always makes me think of my Mom. Plus its colorful and easy to make. It also makes great leftovers to take to work. My colleagues and I always try and make each other envious of our leftover lunches. Its quite a showdown!


Chicken with Peppers & Onions in Wine Sauce
  • 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 stick butter
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  •  3 bell peppers (I like using different colors but any color is fine), cut in cubes or julienne style
  • 1 large onion, cut julienne style
  • 1 bottle sweet white wine (I use a moscato or zinfandel)
  • Rice plus ingredients to make, white or brown is fine but I use white
  1.  Melt butter in skillet, add cubed chicken and saute till cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Pour in the wine. You can pour yourself a glass to drink from this if you'd like. A whole bottle is generous so a glass or two reserved for dinner will not effect your dish's taste.
  3. Add cut up peppers and onions. Cover and reduce heat to simmer till tender.
  4. Cook Rice according to instructions. 
  5. Serve Chicken with Peppers and Onions in Wince Sauce over bed a rice. Enjoy!

 If you need someone to share that extra glass of wine with... I volunteer! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté