Angel Hair with Tomato and Basil

Have you ever heard that saying "You are what you eat"? Well if that is the case I'd be Italian. 

Quite some time ago my husband I were trying to get fit and trim before our wedding so we were talking about ways to go about this. He wanted to give up bread and pasta. I clearly thought he was crazy! Those are my two FAVORITE foods! I'm happy to say, we got past that phase. =) 

Angel Hair with Tomato and Basil Recipe
  • 8 ounces angel hair pasta
  • 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes; Basil, Garlic, and Oregano flavored
  • 1/4 cup chopped basil
  • Grated Parmesan or mozzarella for topping
  1. Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
  2. In medium saucepan combine EVOO, chopped onion and red pepper flakes. Saute until slightly tender but with a bite.
  3. Add garlic and cook just a minute. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes. 
  4. Meanwhile, place cooked pasta into serving bowl. Add basil and cheese. Pour tomato mixture on top and toss. Serve in bowls and top with a sprinkle of cheese.
Yield: 4- 6 servings















Isn't my little Italian Stallion just a cutie!?! Sometimes I think I can hear him say , "Good God lady, be generous with the olive oil"!

This is a great dish to make on a work day. Quick and easy! Hope you enjoy! If you do, let me know what you think??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté