Central Market + Well Done Cooking Classes

Normally the content of my blog is based on food and content related to the League City and local Galveston Bay area. However, when I find myself in other areas I'm still drawn to food culture! My family and I found ourselves in town, Houston that is, with some extra time on our hands. 

What does a foodie do with extra time when in the city???? Visit the specialty food giant of course! My heart just flutters when I know I get to go to Central market. When I was in college for my undergrad I took a class called International marketing. It was a summer class. One of our "projects" was to consider and learn more about international products especially food and how these items made their way into the US and into our hearts. So we took a field trip to Central Market. How cool is that?!?!? My project grade was dependent upon going and enjoying myself at Central market! Can you say EASY A+!!!

I'm not sure I have ever left this grocer without spending a C note! Also since I do not live close one must strategize about their visit... AKA bring a cooler! 

For a short time, my husband and I entertained renting our first place together in the apartments right next door (not just because of the market but because of proximity to work). They even have a private entrance. I'm sure I would have gained an insane amount of weight if we had gone through with this plan. However, it did not pan out. 

Central Market is owned by San Antonio, Texas based H-E-B Grocery Company. They specialize in hard-to-find and gourmet foods. For their website click HERE.  

Here are a few pictures of my visit. The beautiful array of colors alone are a work of art!

























Well Done cooking classes
Since this post is "Houston area" based I thought I might take this opportunity to mention a group offering cooking classes. My friend and I attended a Risotto class to which we had a fabulous experience. The classes are small so you really get private, hands-on attention. You get to do the cooking and then you will eat what you make! The ladies who run it are very friendly and welcoming. The others that took the class with us were also friendly. An added bonus too.... you can bring your own wine to enjoy while cooking. They have the glasses, corkscrews, aprons, and everything else there! The Chef's are very receptive to questions. They didn't shy away from any simple to difficult question.You can browse their class schedule and offering on their website. Click HERE to find their website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté