Cheeseburger Pie with Feta

So I have been an emotional wreck lately over doggies. If you even slightly you know me, you'll know that anything dealing with a dog will bring me to my knees. First case: As I'm driving to work over the 610 bridge I see a dog trotting along and scared beyond belief. Of course I pulled over and tried to help the dog. My faith in humanity was slightly restored because many others at least stopped so they would not hit him. Oh, it just tore my heart out. Even though I acted radically I would hope that if it was my dog someone would do the same to help her. Case two: my wonderful neighbor is a foster mom for a golden retriever rescue organization. We meet many of her "friends" and of course my dog befriends them as well. So this week she got a new friend that we heard was in a car wreck and one of his leg's had to be amputated. Granted he has adapted wonderfully and very happy; I just broke down sobbing like a baby and hugging this dog while I gave silent prayers that he would live a great life from here on.... 

Many folks think I'm crazy for the unexplainable bond I have with dogs but I've had a dog by my side since the day I was born and they bring such joy to my life. Also.... what is dog spelled backwards?!?!?!? Need I say more... 

Well to cope; I made an easy Bisquick recipe but changed it up with some Feta Cheese. The recipe is versatile so that you could potentially use some other available fridge items. I promise I'll make some fancy dinners soon.... I have a special one in mind for our Mother's Day dinner.
Cheeseburger Pie with Feta Recipe
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup shredded cheese or Feta
  • 1/2 cup Bisquick
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • Optional: sour cream, salsa, avocados
  1. Preheat your oven to 400C 
  2. In a medium pan add your ground beef, onion and salt. Cook until ground beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease.
  3. Meanwhile combine cheese, Bisquick, milk and eggs. Mix well. 
  4. Spray a 9x13 backing dish with non-stick spray. Pour ground beef mixture into pan and spread evenly. Pour Bisquick mixture over top evenly. Top with more cheese if desired.
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown or when an inserted toothpick will come out clean. 
  6. Serve with sour cream, salsa or sliced avocados.
Yield: 4 - 6 servings


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté