Italian Breaded Chicken with Tomato and Basil Cream Sauce

This week our yard is exploding in bloom! I never thought I would get giddy with joy seeing something I planted actually bloom. It's the small things in life..... Well we could look at it this way.... those pretty blooms made me forget for just a split second about taxes... blasted taxes. Every year my Dad and I get our Publication 17 and study up on deductions. Pathetic I know but I feel like I work hard for my paycheck and I don't like giving it away. Enough about boring taxes and back to blooms. 

I do have a plant dilemma and maybe one of you are an expert in this field. We planted what we thought was a lemon tree 2 years ago. Its about 6 ft tall and very healthy looking. It keeps getting little white flowers on it but still no lemons. I've heard some species of trees need a complimenting one that pollinates it so it will bear fruit. Is that the case here? Or did we maybe buy a dud? Or did the store label it lemon but I really just got a normal tree? Or maybe it takes a few years to start bearing fruit?

Maybe we'll get a surprise lemon soon?!? Here is a surprise I made this weekend. My husband loves the sauce. Heck, I could just slurp it off a spoon. I do warn you, it is a pretty rich sauce. I first saw a version of this on another food blog and when I was jotting it down I started making some changes knowing my tastes. Two things I appreciate it a recipe: heavy whipping cream and a generous amount of basil. Ta-da!

Hope you enjoy! 


Italian Breaded Chicken with Tomato and Basil Cream Sauce Recipe

  • 1 Cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
  • 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts

  • 1/2 stick butter 
  • 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup julienne sun dried tomatoes
  •  1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped basil
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Place bread crumbs in a ziploc bag with chicken breasts. Seal and shake to coat the chicken. Take out and place on backing sheet. 
  3. Spray coated chicken with Pam. Sprinkle extra bread crumbs on top of chicken. Place in oven to bake for about 30-40 minutes or until cooked thoroughly and breadcrumbs are golden brown. 
  4. Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan combine butter and 2 tablespoons of Italian bread crumbs. Saute for about 1-2 minutes or until crumbs turned medium brown. 
  5. Add garlic and stir to combine. Immediately after add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. While stirring loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan.
  6. Add heavy whipping cream and sun dried tomatoes. Again bring to a boil and stir for about 1 minute and reduce your heat. Add Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper. Cook until heated thoroughly. The longer you cook the thicker the sauce will get. 
  7. Serve the cooked chicken breasts with the sauce poured over the top. 
Yield: 4 servings





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prep+Pared from Kroger - Citrus Garlic Chicken Saute

Taco Salad.... Ole'

Flat Iron Steak with Veggie Sauté